Software Engineer OKR Examples
How-to Guide to Writing Good Software Engineer OKRs with
Example Objectives and Key Results
When getting started with Software Engineer OKRs - Objectives and Key Results -
the common questions we get at Weekdone are:
- How to write good Software Engineer OKRs?
- Can you give me examples of good Software Engineer OKRs?
- What should I put in my Software Engineer OKRs?
To answer these questions we created this database of example Software Engineer OKRs so you
can get started and write your own company, department, team, or personal OKRs.
Try Weekdone as your OKR solution
- Improve our testing procedures
- Implement test-driven development in 3 new development teams
- Increase unit test coverage to 75% of code
- Conduct a security assessment of our codebase using automated tools
- Make sure satisfaction score of product management to testing team is at least 7.5
- Discover at least 100 bugs and open issues in old code not reviewed in 6 months
- Refactor our old user management module
- Survey 5 external API users regarding issues with our authentication
- Discuss the user management code usage with 5 engineers having used it in production
- Rewrite and launch new version of our user management module
- Rewrite the API user authentication for new version
- Review and improve our data security procedures
- For learning, review security policies of 5 other companies
- Conduct external penetration testing using at least 2 different software packages
- Document our backup policies and make sure they get implemented
- Guarantee uptime and availability of 99.95%
Need a simple online tool for OKRs? Try Weekdone
- "Where do I want to go?"
- O Objective
- B Bracing
- J Judicious
- E Exact
- C Clearly understandable
- T Tangible
- Key Results
- "How do I get there?"
- R Reachable
- E Exponent
- S Significant
- U Understandable
- L Limited to numbers
- T Trackable
- OKR Best Practices
- 3-4 Objectives max per level (e.g. per person)
- 3-5 Key Results max per Objective
- Write for other people: they must clearly understand your goals
Need an OKR software tool? Sign up to Weekdone for free.